The American Tourister Daily Post Series
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
VOID IN GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND
POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: The American Tourister Daily Post Series (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions), who are physically located and residing therein and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants must also have either a valid Social Security number and/or valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Entrants must be a Facebook member to enter; however, the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Sweepstakes. Employees of Samsonite LLC (“Sponsor”) Disney Destinations, LLC ("Disney") and any of their affiliated entities, Sweepstakes administrator, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, licensees, vendors, web and hosting providers, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: In order to participate in Sweepstakes, Facebook members may access the American Tourister Facebook web page located at https://www.facebook.com/AmericanTourister (“Website”) starting at 12:00 noon Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 21, 2013 and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 25, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and “Comment” in response to one (1) of the daily American Tourister-Disney themed “Sweepstakes Posts” that will appear in the American Tourister Timeline each day at 12:00 noon ET during the Sweepstakes Period. Only an Entrant’s first Comment will result in one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”) and subsequent Comments or Posts may be part of the conversation but will not result in an extra Entry. Entrants understand that they are providing their Facebook information to Sponsor and not to Facebook (“Entry Information”). Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 25, 2013. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address/per Facebook account during the Sweepstakes Period. Comments and entrants’ Posts may also appear on the American Tourister’s Facebook landing page and/or appear in a Facebook member’s News Feed if he/she has previously “Liked” American Tourister. However, “Liking” does not improve one’s chance of winning. If an entrant is deemed a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence and resides in Alabama or Nebraska and is under 19 years of age; or is a resident of Mississippi under 21 years of age (“Minor”), then he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. Entries in excess of the stated limits will be disqualified. Any attempted form of Entry other than as described herein is void. All required Entry Information must be completed in full. The information entrants provide will only be used for the reasons described in these Official Rules. Proof of submitting or receipt of an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of Entry. Participants can only enter and participate in the Sweepstakes under one (1) email address. Once an email address is entered by a participant, that email address cannot be used by any other person at the Website. Only the participant entering under a particular email address and who physically completed that act of submitting his/her Entry, may participate in the Sweepstakes. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. The Website’s computer is the official clock for all purposes of this Sweepstakes and all times refer to Eastern Time. THE WEBSITE MAY NOT BE ACCESSIBLE FROM ALL MOBILE PHONES, HANDHELD DEVICES AND/OR TABLETS. IF AN ENTRANT EXPERIENCES ANY ISSUES ENTERING, HE/SHE SHOULD ACCESS THE WEBSITE AND ENTER FROM A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER.
- Prizes/Odds of Winning: Five (5) prizes will be awarded: Each prize winner will receive his/her choice of either a black and red Luggage Set or a red and white polka dot Luggage Set. Each Luggage Set includes one (1) 21" Carry On Spinner and a Tote bag. Approximate Retail Value “ARV” of each prize: $139.99. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) prize per person/per household/per email address No cash equivalent for a prize will be available. Prizes are not transferable. However, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion choose to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability or for any other reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the “old” (i.e., replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Additional prize restrictions/conditions may apply. Prize(s) will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Prize notifications, documentation and prize shipments will be sent to a U.S. address only within the fifty (50) states of the U.S. or D.C. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, local or other taxes including, without limitation, income taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner (if applicable). If a winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian. If a winner cannot or does not accept his/her prize as stated in these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited in its entirety, and awarded to an alternate winner. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for delays in delivery of prize(s). Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prizes.
- Drawing and Notification of Winners: Potential winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received in a drawing conducted by the Sweepstakes administrator located in Burbank, CA (an independent compliance organization) on October 29, 2013 (“Drawing Date”). On or about one (1) day after the Drawing Date, Sponsor’s designee will notify the potential winners of his/her potential winning status in the form of a Comment on his/her Facebook account with instructions to “Message” the American Tourister Facebook account with his/her daytime telephone number and luggage set choice (“black and red” or “polka dot”) within forty eight (48) hours of the notification Comment. Once Sponsor’s designee receives a potential winner’s daytime telephone number, potential winner will be called to verify his/her eligibility status and shipping address for prize fulfillment purposes. Sponsor’s designee will attempt to reach potential winners by telephone within two (2) business days. If a potential winner does not Message his/her telephone number to Sponsor within forty eight (48) hours; if he/she cannot be reached by telephone within two (2) business days; if he/she is found to be ineligible; if he/she does not provide his/her required information for prize fulfillment purposes; if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules; if his/her prize or prize documentation is returned as undeliverable, potential winner(s) will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
- Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for, and will deem ineligible, multiple Entries in excess of the stated limit. Entries that are entered by other than human means or mass Entries (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), or Entries that are illegible, late, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. The decisions of the Sponsor and Sponsor's representatives are final and binding in all respects. Entrants agree that Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by Sweepstakes; interruption or inability to access Sweepstakes, Facebook site, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. By entering, entrants and prize winner(s) further agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting or arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or other company, or any other persons providing any of the components of a prize for a winner due to reasons beyond Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Entities control. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the commonwealth oF massachusetts, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in THE state of MASSACHUSETTS. If THE controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall THEN be resolved by FINAL AND binding arbitration administered by JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in massachusetts. All proceedings brought pursuant will be conducted in the state of MASSACHUSETTS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Rules/Winners List: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or a Winners’ List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: American Tourister Daily Post Series “Rules” or “Winners’ List” (specify which), P.O. 6452, Burbank, CA 91510. Official Winners’ List available after October 29, 2013. All requests must be received by December 26, 2013. The Official Rules will be accessible on the Website at americantourister.com/hollywoodrules during the Sweepstakes Period. Names of winners may also be posted on the Website.
- Sponsor: This promotion is sponsored by Samsonite LLC, 575 West Street, Suite 110, Mansfield, MA 02048.
Rules 2013 ESG. Participants may copy these official rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
All rights reserved.